Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Turnaround

So I decided (just today) that the setting sun is my favourite light source.


I really love the way it glows so warm at this time of day, and the low angle creates interesting highlights and shadows.


I can hang around outside (until my fingers go absolutely numb), trying out some back lighting and fiddling to get the sun to shine just exactly right through the leaves...


Or I can try to get the edge of just one leaf in focus while the light creates interesting shapes in the background.

Heck, I'm even liking the pictures that aren't it focus. Look at that sun shining through!

Ahh, some days it's the simple things that keep me happy.

(And compared to the rest of the week, I actually enjoyed doing this challenge today....it's interesting how taking pictures that you actually like can change your opinion about an entire week! :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

~M



2 comments:

  1. The first photo is really good, I would love some green leaves:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, makes me want to take a nap though.

    ReplyDelete